Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Peter visits the Stolzenbach Farm in Beecher, IL

Name:  Danielle Jenkins
Date:  Feb. 22-24, 2013
Destination:  Beecher, IL
Latitude:  41.3406 N
Longitude:  87.6214 W
Round Trip Miles:  626 miles
Total Miles:  1099 miles



I picked Peter up from Mrs. Stearns on Wednesday February 20, 2013 and we stayed at my house until Friday. On Friday February 22, Peter and I headed North. It was a little over 300 miles and took us about 4.5 hours. We stayed at my grandparent's home, where we had a blast with my cousins Sam and Katie (pictured below). 
My grandparent's live in Beecher, Illinois, a town with a population of 4,359 as of the 2010 census. Beecher was founded in 1870 after Henry Ward Beecher. The village is located in Will County along the Dixie Highway. Beecher is a primarily agricultural township and the soil is well suited for corn, soybeans, wheat, and hay. This quaint, rural village has the perfect location, less than an hour from downtown Chicago, IL. 
Peter was able to spend the weekend with my family and I on the Stolzenbach farm. He got plenty of attention from my grandparents and all of my cousins. He enjoyed chasing the cows and running through the corn fields with his dog cousin, Shadow. He even got to watch the Daytona 500 on Sunday before we headed back to Carbondale. We returned back to Carbondale, IL on Sunday evening, February 24, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment