Thursday, May 2, 2013

Jonathan's trip to the Hill of Walnuts

Name:  Tina Havrilka
Date:  April 11-16, 2013
Destination:  Walnut Hill, IL
Latitude: 38.4772 N
Longitude:  89.0433 W
Round Trip Miles: 159.6
Total Miles: 567

Tina and I attended science and math class before we left that Thursday evening.  I listened in and learned about algebraic equations and how to solve them.  It was dark when we finally left Wham, but I kept Tina safe!  When we got to the car I found out that we were going to a place called Walnut Hill.  Tina chose Walnut Hill because she wanted to take me to a town called Centralia.  This is a town in Illinois where a man that worked for one of the Presidents a long time ago was from.  This man was special because he helped save President Ronald Reagan's life.

It took about 1 1/2 hours to get to Tina's house.  It was a long drive but I helped her watch for deer along the way.  When we got there it was very late so we went straight to bed because Tina and I had to wake up early in the morning to take the children to school.
Liz goes to a school in a town called Breese so she rides a bus from Sandoval.
Once Liz was dropped off Tina took me to Centralia to take her son Gabe to his school.  Gabe is funny.  He scratched me behind my ears and tried to sneak me out of the car to take to school for show and tell.
Our next adventure was on Sunday.  Tina, Gabe and I drove back to the Carbondale area to attend a special dinner with some of the other people that are going to be teachers.  I got to have my picture taken with a buffalo.  I was scared of it at first, but when it didn't move it wasn't so scary.
The dinner was delicious.  It was fried chicken.  Gabe was very well behaved that night and offered to share his cupcake with me but we thought it would be best if we didn't.
When the dinner was finished, we still had a long night ahead of us because we had to leave Giant City Lodge and head to Breese to pick up Liz before we could go back to their house.
The next time we left, it was so Tina could take the kids to school again.  She didn't have much time to play with me while I visited because when she wasn't driving, she was doing homework.  Finally on Tuesday morning, we headed back to Carbondale after dropping Liz off in Mt. Vernon to catch the bus to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment